Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The First Race-Nov 6th 2010

Equinox 12 hour Adventure Race is the first race that Team Steel Rx will do.  It involves Mtn biking, kayaking, and hiking with some orienteering thrown in as well.  It has only been just over a week since I finish my first 1/2 marathon so this has been a challenge to put together.  So far the biggest two challenges have been recruiting and finding enough mtn bikes to borrow for the race. With work and school and the long commute it has been hard to squeeze in a workout, however the wife and I did get a 3 mile jog in a few days ago.  I'm hoping to get a 7-8 mile hike in this weekend as well.  This is going to be a long race but I think we should be able to at least finish...as long as we can navigate in the dark.  I'll update you on the progress of the team later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment